Friday, December 12, 2008

Snapshots from San Francisco

  • Ah....the hearty baked goods of corner coffee shops of Noe Valley. 
  • My vibrant college-age cousins. Sweet ripe peaches, they are.
  • Walking around the sunset district talking to PW on the phone as Sara got her acupuncture. View of Golden Gate bridge. Odd urban-suburban California neighborhood, quiet on an afternoon.
  • Bringing on Sara's contractions with the belly massage the acupuncturist had taught me.
  • Watching the last debate of Obama/McCain (with fellow Obama supporter, Mom) and sipping a stiff gimlet while S walked back and forth behind us, pausing to bend over and moan through contractions. 
  • Driving S&B to the hospital: S miserable and vomiting. High drama! (BTW, high drama reverses the effects of alcohol).
  • The awful anxiety of watching a loved one in severe pain, coupled with amazement at my little sister's determination and strength.
  • Watching Sara recite Brown Bear Brown Bear to Elliott in her arms as they stitched her up. For real.
  • Brandon giddy and attentive with fatherly love.
  • Crying while in line to check my luggage.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I agree with Paige - how could I have not known about your blog! I live for reading blogs when I'm up at night and all this time my own sister had one and it says all kinds of sweet things about me. Now I

Sara said...

... Now I will check it every day!