Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mission Accomplished

Just hosted first ever baby shower, and it was a success! ...due in large part to Fe--I must give credit where credit is due. She makes my life possible, what can I say??

Being away from the States, I missed out on the wave of baby showers, so kind of fumbled my way through this. Add to that the complication of guests coming from different countries and so having different expectations of what a baby shower is supposed to be like. I consulted the guest of honor and built it around that: she opened the gifts in front of everyone, we played a kind of game, we drank mimosas, no kids were allowed. 

And the weather was FABULOUS. Or I should say that it remains fabulous... Ah, spring! Windows and doors wide open, bright light, warmish breeze. How could anyone not feel in a good mood?

Must say I appreciate even more Lisa (and Connie!)'s efforts on the shower they held for me before Miles was born. All the beautiful details. Personally, I find all the details a little hard to keep track of...no matter how many lists or automated reminders. In the end, I love how all the ladies chipped in and helped out to make it go smoothly. It really is the only way for me to be able to enjoy it...to be able to let go and receive help. I just can't control everything or else my mind never settles down.

And it is a special kind of pleasure to throw a party for someone else! So glad I had the chance.


No comments: