Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving in Amman

Since Tday was my last DAY of work, I opted for a low-maintenance celebration...and on Friday. Full meal delivery service. No, it wasn't expensive. Yes, it is weird that my local bakery/restaurant would have a full tday meal delivery service in Amman since it's an American holiday. It was another American who tipped me off, and her blatant utilization of this service over the last few years absolved me of guilt...somehow. Plus, with all non-American guests, I felt I could kind of get away with it. The turkey was perfect. The rest was edible. Add to that my mom's recipe for sweet potato casserole, and all colors were nicely represented on the plate.

Ben with Emily and Eliza in their Gymboree jumpers from the States.


Andrea (vintage fur) with Jacob in actual lederhosen (leather pants).


Andrea's Kathi in traditional German dress



Caroline being coy.


Eliza and Oliver painting



Saif, Ghaith's brother, made it out for a second Thanksgiving with us. We'll miss the Al-Omari brothers!

No comments: